Oktoberfest Half Marathon & 5K Course Info
Half Marathon runners will start and finish at the Hi-Wire Beer Garden in the River Arts District neighborhood of Asheville.
- Right turn out of the brewery entrance. Run on the road for first 3 miles.
- Mile 3 runners take a slight right onto the Reed Creek Greenway for just under a mile.
- Mile 4 to Mile 5 is an up hill and downhill through the historic Montford neighborhood.
- Mile 6 you’ll hit the RAD area again as you next cross the Craven St. Bridge and head to the western side of the French Broad River.
- Mile 7 thru 11 run along the French Broad River thought the French Broad River and Carrier Park greenways.
- Mile 12 and 13 runners return back to the River Arts District and onto the RAD greenway before returning to the brewery.
Roads will not be fully closed along the course so runners must keep right and pay attention to course directional arrows, Course Marshal instructions and Police. If you are running with earbuds please leave one ear open. No dogs or strollers allowed on the half marathon course.
Half Marathon course aid closes at 10:30am.
3 hour course limit for course aid
And don’t forget to check out our Oktoberfest Half Marathon Training Program courtesy of Coach Claire Bartholic!
Mile 1 – Port-a-John
Mile 3.1 – Water and port-a-john stop
Mile 4.9 – Water, electrolyte drink and port-a-john stop
Mile 7.1 – Water, electrolyte drink, fuel and port-a-john
Mile 8.9 – Water, electrolyte drink, fuel and port-a-john
Mile 10.2 – Water, electrolyte drink, fuel and port-a-john
Mile 11.8 – Water, port-a-john stop
5k runners will start and finish at the Hi-Wire Brewery.
Super flat run mostly on the RAD Greenway.
Dogs and strollers are allowed, but must start at the back of the group.
Walkers are welcome!
1 Hour time limt for the 5k.
Aid Station #1 ~ Mile 1.2 – Water only
Can’t make our race but want the swag?
No worries, run a half marathon distance or a 5k distance on your own terms.
Register for the virtual subevent for the distance you want to run. Race t-shirts, bibs and finisher medal will be mailed the week after the race (between 10/2 and 10/8)
You do not need to send up your results. Virtual runners are not eligible for age group or top awards.