Transfer, Postponement and
Refund Policies for Oktoberfest Half Marathon & 5k
At Oktoberfest Half Marathon & 5k, we appreciate your understanding of our refund and transfer policy. As we work diligently year-round to prepare for this event, including the ordering of items like medals and shirts months in advance, we want to ensure a smooth experience for all participants.
Transfer Policy for Oktoberfest Half Marathon & 5k
We understand that plans can change and training might not go to plan, so we offer a transfer option to accommodate such situations. Please familiarize yourself with our transfer policy:
- You can transfer your registration to another runner or to another Oktoberfest event (ie, half to 5k) up to Sunday 9/22/2024 at 6pm using the Race Roster TRANSFER BUTTON. If you have any problems contact firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
- Runners running on someone else’s bib without our knowledge will be DQ’ed.
- You can transfer from an in-person runner to a virtual runner up until Sunday Sept. 22th at midnight without having to pay shipping fees. If you transfer to a virtual runner after that the 22nd you will be charged a shipping fee for your race packet.
- There are no refunds for a transfer to a lesser subevent.
- If you want to transfer to a different distance or to a different runner after 9/22 please email Info@kickitevents.com and we will get you switched.
To ensure a smooth and successful Oktoberfest Half Marathon & 5k experience, please adhere to our policies. We look forward to seeing you at the event and wish you a fantastic race day!
Postponement Policy for Oktoberfest Half Marathon & 5k
- In the event the race is postponed and you would like your race swag mailed to you, you will be required to pay the shipping cost for your race bib and race swag.
- In the event of severe weather or course flooding, the event will be postponed to October 19th, at the race directors discretion. There will be NO REFUNDS if the event needs to be postponed.
- Inclement weather determination is at the discretion of the race directors. We are looking for dangerous conditions for our runners and volunteers or impassable flooding on the course along the river.
- The postponement announcement will be made as early as we can. If there is surprise weather, we reserve the right to postpone the race up until race morning.
- A Postponement announcement will be by 5am race morning at the VERY LATEST.
- If the event needs to be canceled due to a global pandemic or health emergency, there will be no refund. We will do our best with a virtual event or socially distanced race.
- Race postponement will be emailed out to runners using the email used during registration, posted on the race website as well as posted on our social media platforms.
- Race updates will be sent to the email address you registered with. Always make sure that your email is correct.
- In the event that the postponement date needs to be canceled, there will not be another postponement and there will not be any refunds.
- If you wish to move to a virtual runner, you will be required to pay the shipping cost for your race bib and race swag.
Refund Policy for Oktoberfest Half Marathon & 5k
~The Oktoberfest Half Marathon & 5k and Kick It Event Management has a NO REFUND policy ~
- Adding on the Race Roster Enhanced Refund Protection Program is a service provided outside of Kick It Events. With this purchase are subject to the Protecht Terms and Conditions. Please read them carefully before purchasing.
- No refunds will be given if you signed up for this race by accident. Double check the city, date and time BEFORE registering.
- There will be NO REFUNDS if the event needs to be postponed.
- If the event needs to be canceled due to a global pandemic or health emergency, there will be no refund (depending out day out from event). We will do our best with a virtual event or socially distanced race.